Job Opening: Freelance Fundraising Manager Position
Music of Armenia is looking for an experienced and resourceful Fundraising Manager to work closely with the Executive Director to support Music of Armenia in achieving its annual fundraising objectives.
Who we are
Music of Armenia is breathing new life into the Armenian music legacy by rediscovering, preserving and promoting Armenian music and talent, while creating innovative projects and offering audiences outstanding concerts and festivals. As a member of the International Music Council and the European Music Council, MoA plays a central role in the development of the Armenian music industry. To find out more, click here.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be good at researching and devising strategies for fundraising and donation possibilities. Must be adept at people management, building long-term relationships with potential donors and sponsors and persuasively explaining the organisation’s mission. The ability to manage budgets and meet fundraising targets. An interest in, and commitment to, the cause you are raising money for is essential.
Duties | Tasks
• Research fundraising opportunities
• Devise a fundraising strategy to be approved by the chief executive or senior leadership team
• Write funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations
• Agree a departmental budget and work to achieve or exceed a fundraising target
• Build relationships with charitable trusts, foundations and other institutional funders
• Attend networking events and meetings with potential donors
• Manage information and record the profile and fundraising activity of donors on a database
• Devise and organise fundraising campaigns, events and other activities to generate income
• Spot fundraising opportunities and raise awareness of the organisation’s work
• Prepare reports and give presentations on fundraising progress to the senior leadership team and the board
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
• Networking skills
• Effective management skills
• Budget management skills
• Time management skills
A track record of successful fundraising campaigns in the NGO sector is required.
• Fluent in Armenian and English
• Professional, organised, efficient and self disciplined in the approach to the duties
• Passionate about music and the arts
• Understand, appreciate and be aligned to the Music of Armenia’s values
• Have own laptop, telephone, internet connection and be prepared to work flexible hours
How to apply
To apply please send your covering letter and a copy of your CV to [email protected] with “Fundraising Manager” in the subject line by 20 November 2019.
References for successful candidates will be required.