Open call for professional and semi-professional Armenian composers and DJ’s
Music of Armenia is delighted to announce an open call for professional and semi-professional Armenian composers and DJ’s of electronic music, residing in or outside of Armenia. The winning composer/DJ will compose an electronic remix of the original piece of Waltz of Cinderella (hyperlinked and below) by Armenian composer Mikhail Kokzhayev. The final composition/remix made by the winning composer/DJ will then be used in a music video.
The Quarantine Ensemble advocates collaboration between a number of musicians and visual artists as a way of promoting innovation and cross disciplinary cooperation. It encourages a conversation with new colleagues, which will give the involved artists a valuable cultural experience and enhance their expertise. This will lead to an increased understanding of different approaches and methods to eventually create opportunities for further development.
Terms and conditions:
• Open to professional and semi-professional Armenian composers and DJ’s residing in or outside of Armenia.
• Genres: Electronic, ambient, alternative.
• Only one composer will be selected.
• The winner will be awarded with prize money.
• Composition length: open to the artist's creative initiative
• The composition must be ready by 20 July 2020.
• Only original work will be accepted. Usage of other copyrighted materials is forbidden and will result in disqualification.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send a link to their work in the form of audio or video on YouTube or Soundcloud.
Please clearly identify your name and place of residence in the application email.
Email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Your name, The Quarantine Ensemble’ in the subject line.
Deadline for submitting examples of your work is 30 June 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The result will be announced on 1 July 2020.
With further questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
‘The Quarantine Ensemble’ is financially supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation.