Competition - Design Logo for Sharakan Festival
Music of Armenia is delighted to announce the launch of Sharakan Festival dedicated to Armenian sacred music. The festival, for the first time, will take place in partnership with Tatev Revival Project at Tatev Monastery in September 2016. We would like to get you involved in the creation of this remarkable event, which is why we have decided to announce a competition in search of the best logo for the festival.
Celebrating the beauty of this unique artform, Sharakan Festival aims to preserve and promote the legacy of Armenian sacred music. For several days, Sharakan Festival will bring together musicians of all backgrounds and levels of experience in an event solely dedicated to this utmost treasured artform.
What you get
1. The winning designer will get $100.
2. Should we feel that the winning logo is the best choice for the festival, your logo will become the official logo of the festival.
3. The winning logo, designer and their work will also be featured on Music of Armenia’s and Sharakan Festival’s social networking websites and newsletter.
Terms and Conditions
The goal of the competition is to find a logo that is best suitable for Sharakan Festival. You are free to use your imagination when designing the logo. The only requirement is that your design reflects the festival’s mission and spirit. Please do not send logos containing images of Armenian churches, crosses or any other religious symbols. The festival is dedicated to Armenian sacred music in general. Hence, the logo must depict the wider aspect of the festival.
1. Legible, easy to decipher the letters and the name of the festival.
2. Effective without colour, looks good in black & white .
3. Scalable - works well at all sizes.
4. Versatile and multi-purpose - we must be able to use the logo for many different purposes and on various platforms, shapes and surfaces.
5. Simple, modern and memorable - logos with Armenian patriotic designs, i.e. the Armenian flag, will not be accepted.
6. Designs will be eliminated if they are inappropriate or completely off brief.
7. Only one submission per person/company.
8. The winning design will be chosen by Music of Armenia and the winning logo may or may not be used as the official logo of the festival.
9. The competition is open to professional or semi-professional graphic designers.
As examples of what kind of logos will be accepted, please take a look at the attached logos below (click on each photo to see the full image).
How to submit your designs
1. Share a photo of the logo on your wall and tag Sharakan Festival’s Facebook page (hyperlinked) on the photo.
2. Submit your design to the festival's Facebook group (hyperlinked).
3. Email your designs to us (hyperlinked).
The competition ends on 13 August 2016. Late submissions will not be accepted. The winner will be announced on 14 August 2016.